When: Oct 20, 2020 12:00 PM
Location: cRisk Academy
Ticket Price: $9.00
Why Do Auditors Ignore Fraud?
12pm Eastern time
11am Central time
10am Mountain time
9am Pacific time
CPE Credit: 1 hour
With all of the risks in an organization, why have internal auditors historically dismissed responsibility for fraud risks?
The IIA says that "Organizations should not expect internal audit’s skill set to include fraud investigation," but a recent survey by Insight CPE showed that 65% of the organizations expected auditors to actively look for fraud. We have a disconnect, and we are not meeting management's expectations.
When fraud happens, internal audit gets blamed.
In the session we will:
- Discuss the apparent disconnect between auditors and fraud
- Develop a plan for increased fraud awareness
- Debate the need for internal auditors to be experts in fraud
Join Toby DeRoche and Jason Mefford, so you don't get blamed for the next fraud in your organization. Toby DeRoche is the Founder of Insight CPE and Jason Mefford is the CEO of cRisk Academy and President of Mefford Associates. Check out all of Toby's courses on cRisk Academy at: cRisk Academy
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
CPE Hours: 1.0
- Seating limited to the first 1000 attendees signing in the day of the Webinar
- CPE is awarded if the attendee meets the eligibility requirements which may include attendance for the full Webinar and responding to ALL polling questions