When: Dec 12, 2018 12:00 PM
Location: AuditNet LLC
Ticket Price: $0.00
When Data Visualizations and Data Imports Just Don’t Work – Importing data is a dirty job as can painting user final pictures with that data. This webinar will explore the dirty little secrets that ensure data is imported completely and accurately, as well as, painting scenarios when a visualization may not be the best approach to meeting an audit objective. Specific learning objectives include:
- Walk through case studies of “dirty” data and how to improve then using improved data requests and cleansing tools.
- Watch case study examples of top tests to validate data tables to ensure data quality.
- Discover a host of baseline tests and other baseline statistics to validate, understand and possibly extract key trends for review.
- Understand visualization and dashboard types along with their associated analytical strengths from an audit perspective.
- Identify situations where statistics may be more effective audit extractors than relying on the human eye to spot notable events.
Date: December 12, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern U.S.
CPE: 1.5 Credits are available for attending the seminar which are awarded based on a 50-minute hour.
Program Level / Prerequisites and Advance Preparation: Basic / None
Basic Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Recommended Category: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Cost: Individual: $0 for Subscribers and Site License Users
Free Limited seating with preference for Registered AuditNet Subscribers (excluding free) and Site License Users. Non subscribers and non site license users may attend and view for free but if CPE is requested there is a processing fee.
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CPE!
SUBSCRIBERS AND SITE LICENSE USERS MAY EARN FREE CPE. ALL OTHERS WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR CPE.
Rich Lanza CFE, CGMA, The Data Magician, has 25 years of audit and fraud detection experience with specialization in data analytics and cost recovery efforts. He currently is a Director of Data Analytics with Grant Thornton, LLP, where he is weaving analytics into their audit and advisory practices. Rich wrote the first book on practical applications of using data analytics in an audit environment titled 101 ACL Applications: A Toolkit for Today’s Auditor, in addition to authoring or co-authoring 18 more publications and having over 50 articles to his credit. Rich is proficient in the practical use of analytic software including ACL, ActiveData for Excel, Arbutus Analyzer, IDEA, TeamMate Analytics and auditing with Microsoft Excel techniques. Rich has been awarded by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners for his research on proactive fraud reporting. To contact Rich, please Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.