When: Aug 31, 2017 1:00 PM
Location: AuditNet LLC
Ticket Price: $0.00
There are many misconceptions about the use of data analytics to detect fraud. While in itself it does not detect fraud, data analytics is an integral part of the fraud detection process. This webinar will examine the truth behind the role of data analytics in the process including developing criteria to pare down data records, sorting through 100% of the records and tracking down anomalies hidden in your data.
- Become familiar with data analysis processes
- Recognize misconceptions of how data analytic tools can be used for fraud detection
- Understand the real benefits of using data analytics and what it can do for you
- Obtain the steps required to apply the data analytic process to detect fraud
About the Presenter:
Sunder Gee, CPA, CMA, CIDA provides electronic data consultative services for tax lawyers, tax accountants and RTA Corporation. Prior to consulting, he was the Electronic Commerce Audit Advisor at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) where he provided expertise on electronic commerce issues and computer-assisted audit techniques. Sunder has also developed training material on various topics for the CRA and other organizations as well as published a book called "Fraud and Fraud Detection: A Data Analytics Approach”.
- Date: Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern U.S.
- CPE: 1 Credit available for attending the seminar which is awarded based on a 50-minute hour.
- Program Level / Prerequisites and Advance Preparation: Basic / None Basic
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
- Recommended Category: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Cost: Individual: $0 for Subscribers and Site License Users Free Limited seating with preference for Registered AuditNet Subscribers (excluding free) and Site License Users. Non subscribers and non site license users may attend and view for free but if CPE is requested there will be a processing fee.
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CPE! SUBSCRIBERS AND SITE LICENSE USERS MAY EARN FREE CPE. ALL OTHERS WILL HAVE TO PAY A FEE