Risk Management School District
RISK MANAGEMENT AUDIT PROGRAM SCHOOL DISTRICT
Risk management is the identification, assessment and prioritization of risks followed by coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events or to maximize the realization of opportunities. Risks can come from vehicle accidents, student accidents, employee accidents, natural causes, disasters, as well as deliberate attacks or events uncertain or unpredictable. The main objectives of risk management are to protect assets, conserve resources and improve the quality of decision making.
1) To evaluate the effectiveness of the risk management process;
2) To ensure the District's compliance to established policies and procedures;
3) To ensure that the District is in compliance with Federal and State legislation and regulations as they apply to insurance and liability;
4) To ensure that appropriate changes are made in levels of coverage in response to changes in requirements;
5) Determine if the District has identified areas of exposure to loss and analyzed areas of risk.
6) To ensure the District has obtained comprehensive coverage to offset the identified risks.
7) To determine whether insurance coverage is cost effective;
8) To ensure that procedures for reporting incidents and making claims are sufficient and functioning as intended; and,
9) To ensure that District Risk Management policies have been published and disseminated to all appropriate staff.
Login to your subscription to download this template.